* Slows metabolism. Too much iodized salt slows metabolism also.
* Increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth; Affects fertility.
* Can have devastating effects on the baby’s developing brain and also on physical growth: such as severe mental retardation, growth stunting, apathy, and impaired movement, speech or hearing.
* Considered the world’s greatest cause of preventable brain damage.
* Iodine is a chemical element needed for growth and survival. It is mostly derived from the ocean. It is found in very small and varying amounts in fruit and vegetables. Note: sea salt is a poor source of iodine.
* The most potent source of iodine is Sea Plants (Sea Veg)
* Iodine is critical for normal development of the baby in the womb, so iodine intake is vital both during pregnancy, and while lactating.
* The World Health Organization recommends the following daily intake for optimal iodine nutrition: 225-500 mcg per day.
* Pregnant & lactating women — as well as those trying to conceive – should have a minimum of 350-750 micrograms per day.
* Iodine deficiency disorders (IDD’s) such as ‘goitre’ pose a severe health hazard to the baby, as listed above.
* Even mild iodine deficiency can impair development and cause subtle defects in visual motor skills, hearing and intelligence in children and adults. Iodine deficiency has resulted in an estimated 80 million children suffering from some form of permanent mental retardation.
* IODIZED SALT CONTAINS BIG PHARMA-MADE POTASSIUM IODIDE, NOT IODINE. IF YOU TAKE SEA VEG EVERYDAY, YOUR ENTIRE METABOLISM WILL POSITIVELY CHANGE! LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHIER!